Sunday, June 12, 2011

REVIEW: The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima


Well that was quick! I think I never realised how deceptively long the Earth's Children books are, with their small size. The Exiled Queen is just as big but with text size and all, is actually much, much shorter. I feel a little robbed it was so short.

I read a lot of crappy reviews on this book, which mentioned the use of overused archetypes and annoying protagonists ... I never really seem to notice things like that ... some people are just too picky - enjoy the god damn story! I enjoyed reading the book and it was one that was easy to keep reading at length (Earth's Children tires you out after a while). I find it's actually not very predictable - I have no idea what is actually going to happen in terms of the plot and character development which is great. The building tension over the future of Raisa is a highlight. I think there is only one more book to come out and I don't think it will be anytime soon. Damn.

Next ... well I'm kind of having withdrawals from Earth's Children so I am tempted to start that again ... but it's a large investment of time, when I could probably churn out another few shorter books. Probably The Last Four Things or The Novice.

No purchases since the last post (OMG) due to being sick, poor and busy with uni performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment