Thursday, January 26, 2012

NEW BOOKS: The Lord of the Book Haul

All my Christmases came at once today when I got paid a lot more than expected ... so while at work I went through my Book Depository wishlist and ordered some must haves! I have a few that I told myself I would commit to buying first (because they finished off series' etc) but I am getting this lot sent to Tasmania where I will be working for the next five months, so I needed things I could start fresh.

So ... I got the first five books of A Song of Ice and Fire. I'd never heard of these before the TV series came out, so I assume they were just never really big in Australia. But I loved the TV series and they have nothing but good reviews, so I thought I better start. Similarly with The Hunger Games trilogy, I thought I better see what all the fuss was about - apparently they're brilliant and the upcoming movie looks pretty good too. I've read LOTR when I was younger but don't own copies so I bought those and will re-read. Finally, I got The Gray Wolf Throne which is the final book in the trilogy, so looking forward to that!


1 comment: