Sunday, April 1, 2012

Introducing Klaus Kindle!

 

For my birthday on Thursday my partner bought me a Kindle Touch (and his parents got me the leather case with light as featured in the stock image above), which I have named Klaus.

I do feel like I'm a little late the digital reading party, but I have to admit the only reason I was keen on getting a Kindle was so that I could continue reading while traveling around Europe for three months without lugging a bag of books around. Part of my love of reading is buying beautiful new books and adding them to my collection on my bookshelf, and while the Kindle is really convenient, it totally kills off that whole element of book collecting for me. Even though I now own a Kindle, I don't really think I will be buying or reading real books any less - I think I will really only be using it when I find bargain e-books or when I'm traveling. In saying that, even if I a book for the Kindle, I will still feel compelled to buy the real book ... and most e-books I buy for traveling will be ones I have sitting at home on the shelf anyway.

I did want to purchase something to test the Kindle out though and so I bought Song of Dragons (3-Book Bundle containing Blood of Requiem, Tears of Requiem and Light of Requiem) by Daniel Arenson. It has cool dragons on the cover!

This post marks the first of my daily entries for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. Now I have to admit that I won't be sticking to the rules of posting each day with a topic starting with the letters A to Z. This blog for me has always been about me discussing my fantasy reading and purchases and I am reluctant to stray from this or water it down with other tenuously related things. However, I am up for the challenge of posting every day. Therefore, not only will I be including my usual reviews, but I will also be posting about books I have read before I started this blog, books on my to read list, fantasy shows and movies, my fantasy-related dance works and other interesting finds.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Kool Kindle Klub...er...maybe it's a good thing that doesn't exist. :D I've got a Touch as well and that case with the light. Nice work, I'm glad you have loved ones who know what's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You make my Kindle look old and tired! but I don't have the budget to upgrade. Enjoy it :) And a belated Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new Kindle. I just got a Kobo and have the same feeling as your towards the electronic side if reading.
    I a new follower and am visiting on the A to Z Challenge. Hope you'll get a chance to visit me,and join, too.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images
    http://oaklawnimages.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at the Song of Dragons on Amazon yesterday. Didn't get it because I have spend entirely too much money on books lately.

    Enjoy your Kindle. I have one of the older models but I love it.

    M.J. Fifield
    My Pet Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet another one who turned his back on paper... Lol I'm only joking... I guess I should join the club soon. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete