Friday, August 3, 2012

UPDATE: Traveling Europe

Just a quick update to excuse myself from the lack of updates (paradoxical, I know). I'm currently 3 weeks into my 14-week trip of what I like to refer to as 'my government funded tour of Europe'. Yes that's right, hard working tax-payers have paid for me to sip wine on gondolas in Venice and sunbathe on the pebble strewn beaches of Nice. 

But really, I am actually doing professional development/dance-related things, which is what the trip is for. I'm currently in Vienna at ImPulsTanz doing a crap load of workshops and seeing some weird ass shows ... the last one was a solo work where the woman pulled metres of ribbon out of her exposed vagina. Yep.

Being the semi-introvert I am however, I have been sorely missing my down/alone/reading time and so this week I've spent a little bit more time in my accommodation making serious headway into A Feast for Crows. Even though I am loving it like a baby loves poo, I feel that I'm going to take a little break before delving into the doorstop that is A Dance with Dragons. There are a few books/authors on my Kindle that I've been neglecting and want to finally get around to, namely China Mieville, The Black Prism, Prince of Thorns, The Winds of Khalakovo, City of Dreams and Nightmare and His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire). Ok so that's more than a few ... I'm so indecisive. I may go with whatever it shortest, just to make myself feel more accomplished more quickly.

Going to attempt to post an update of all the books that are hanging out on my wishlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment