Thursday, December 22, 2011

NEW BOOKS: And My Bookshelf!

Yesterday was a very fruitful day in terms of new purchases. I was a little naughty and ordered three books from Book Depository, but then I also happened across a Books4Less store at Chadstone last night ... now I have made a deal with myself that I will only buy books that are on my list and lo and behold I found three, all $5 each!
  • The Life Lottery by Ian Irvine - The final book in this trilogy ... I gave up on the first one half way through because the sci-fi-ness of it didn't appeal to me, but I had to complete the set anyway.
  • Deadhouse Gates and Dust of Dreams by Steven Erikson - I'm slowly buying my way through this series so I can read them in one hit. I really, really wanted to buy The Crippled God which is still out in the large size because its SO PRETTY, but then it will not match the size of the previous books.
  • The Land of Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel - FINALLY this was released in paperback so I could buy it and complete the series (I have a thing against hardbacks). I'm a little worried now though that the copy I ordered is actually a lot smaller than the rest of my collection.
  • The Kingdom of Gods by N. K. Jemisin - the final book in the Inheritance trilogy, not to be confused with Paolini's Inheritance Cycle.
  • Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson - Apparently just been released, woohoo!
So six books yesterday, gotta be happy with that! I will leave you with a pic of my new bookshelf in the new house. I plan to get some fish for the cute little tank too! Please note there are some randoms, which mostly belong to my partner (like the Anthony Horowitz ones) some of which I have resourcefully used as dust covers to my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment