Friday, December 30, 2011

UPDATE: New Looks & New Books

I spent a little time this afternoon rejigging the look of the blog and making it a little more personalised!

I've also discovered a really awesome site/blog/forum called The Ranting Dragon. Great reviews and articles, great layout/setup and I found the creator and I share the same taste in fantasy books.

I rationalised with myself this morning that I should be able to buy a few books with each pay I get ... and so I headed on over to Book Depository to order some more of my wishlist even though I only got some last week. Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire was definitely on the top of the list followed by Passion by Lauren Kate (I haven't even started the series, but it needs to be complete anyway). I then got City of Dreams and Nightmare by Ian Whates after reading a review on The Ranting Dragon (TRD) for a later book in the series, and they're all $8.50, so why not? Finally, Nights of Villjamur by Mark Charan Newton because the TRD Forum runs a monthly book club and this is the book for Jan ... think I might join in!

In other boring administrative news ... I'm not sure whether to list my new purchases in the box to the right when I order them or when they arrive, but at the moment it's the latter.

3 comments:

  1. Looking great in here! :)
    Although, if it's of any interest, the font you're using doesn't seem to display in Chrome, I have no idea why! I hopped over to FireFox instead and it's all good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it's calibri which is the new Microsoft default font. Maybe I should use something more safe/common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if you've made any changes or not, but it's working fine on Chrome now - maybe it was just my Mac having a hissy fit, the bloody thing does that a lot ;)

    ReplyDelete